Join us for the largest non-motorized parade in Colorado on September 30, 2023!
INTERESTED IN BEING A PART OF THE PARADE? READ ON PARDNER!
- The Cowboy Parade is FREE to enter and open to any entrant that is not motor propelled.
- The parade begins at 10:30 a.m.at the train depot and proceeds down Main St. to 12th St.
- No Political campaigning allowed in the parade.
- Parade activities will kick off the at 9:45 a.m. with local music groups at various locations up and down Main Street. Right before the 10:30 a.m. parade start, there will be an Old West gunfight just north of the Strater Hotel.
- Once you have registered for the parade, please download the following information: Everything You Need To Know For Parade Day
- Registration/Check-in tables will open at 8:45 a.m. at two locations. One will be on the corner of 5th Street and 3rd Avenue to make it easier to check in for those who have horses, donkeys and/or mules. The other check-in table will be across from the train station for those who are walkers/dancers or other entries which have no animals. It will also serve as a General Information Table.
- Online Entries will be accepted up until Thursday, September 29, but we recommend early registration.
(Two advance registration options are provided below)
- All parade participants MUST sign a release form.
ADVANCE PARADE REGISTRATION is encouraged!
If you miss the deadline for some reason, please contact Pam Jacobs, Parade Coordinator at (512) 517-5619 and we will make arrangements for you. We want you to participate but please know that it makes the parade lineup and the announcer’s job a lot easier if your entry is received by the deadline.
We really appreciate your help on this!
ONLINE PARADE REGISTRATION: (Preferred Method)
Please complete the Entry AND Release forms (adult and/or child) and submit online by clicking the links below.
Parade Entry and Adult Release Form
Additional Adult Release Form
Additional Child Release Form
PRINT AND MAIL IN PARADE REGISTRATION:
Please complete the Entry and Release forms and mail to:
Durango Cowboy Gathering
Attention: Parade Committee
PO Box 2571
Durango, CO 81302
Entry and Release forms must be received by Thursday, September 28.
Parade entries will be judged and trophies will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most Impressive Horse Entry
- Most Impressive Mule or Donkey Entry
- Most Fashionable Animal Entry
- Best Spirit of the Old West
- Best Youth Entry
- Best Family Entry
- Best Walking (non-mounted) Entry
- Best Wagon Entry
- Silver Spur Award (Judges’ Choice)
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?If you are unable to participate in the parade itself, we are always looking for volunteers. No parade of this size can be successful without the efforts of its volunteers.
What are some things you can do?
- Intersection/barrier guards--traffic control
- Check-in process
- Assisting with the parade line-up
- Helping out with the horses and wagons
- Escorting guests and performers to the correct wagon
- Help supervise FFA kids and their assignments
For more parade information, call (512)-517-5619 or email
Cowboy Chuck Wagon Breakfast
7:30 to 10:00 am
Corner of 5th St. and Main Ave. in downtown Durango
Biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs and lots of black coffee. Tickets available at the wagon! More info 970-403-4451.